Another beautiful summer day, and another set of summer league action! So this is where summer league really starts to get interesting. Early on you can predict the winners fairly easy just based off who has the better players. Today however after a few games, the coaches tend to shake the rosters up and go with players who have only seen limited action up until this point. Lets just say that it makes placing bets, quite interesting.
MAGIC (-5) vs. Grizz (L)
The Magic are the perfect summer league team as I have mentioned before. The combo of Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton make this team very formidable, and the addition of Oladipo make them the favorites. Again this game would generally be harder to predict because of the uncertainty surrounding the playing time of the big names, but this Grizzlies team is terrrible. Look for the Magic to win this game, even if they spend the entire game getting Aaron Gordon shots and he goes 3 for 21.
PISTONS vs. Heat (+4) (WINNER!)
Shabazz!! After a rough outing in his first game, Shabiscuits turned it around last time out and looked like they guy who might convince LeBron to remain in Miami. He should only continue to get better with additional burn. Speaking of burn, you know who needs some? The Pistons lineup for the regular season. I mean seriously, maybe not Josh Smith, but wouldn't Brandon Jennings benefit from some extra minutes on the court learning how to play the point guard position despite the fact that we have been calling him that for years?? Also whatever happened to Rodney Stuckey? Does he still play in Detroit?? I thought he was good....I guess everything that lives in the state of Michigan sucks, oh well.
76ers (-2.5) vs. HOU (WINNER!)
Man I am big on the Nerlens Noel train. The guy legitimately looks like the number one overall pick and has torn up the summer league like Drummond did last year. This one should be an easy win for illadelph because I legitimately do not know any of the players on the summer league team for the Rockets.
No comments:
Post a Comment