Thursday, July 10, 2014

Friday Fist Pump Picks!

Major League Baseball

WAS (-140) at PHI (L)
Here's a stat for you. Washington's run differential this year is +56. Philly? -42. In the grandest of schemes, run differential isn't a huge deal, but in this game, it will be. Philly can't hit for shit and the Natties are trying to turn things around with B. Harper back in the lineup. This should be an easy one to throw in a dumb ass parlay. 

CWS (+170) at CLE (OVER 8) (L) (WINNER!) 
That's right, ML Sox play. The Chi Sox are a VERY up and down team. I mean, within one game they can go from a dominant, hard hitting powerhouse to a Triple A slum lord by the ninth inning. But former Mariner Hector Noesi has a little confidence going right now and the Caucasian Sox should be able to pull this one off in a high scoring affair. If Noesi blows it in the 4th inning at least you'll hit the over.

Detroit Tigers (-120) @ Kansas City Royals (WINNER!)
Los Tigres opened their road series against Kansas City last night with a stunning  16-4 win.  That’s 3 wins in a row for the Tigers and they’ve looked better every game.  Since the Tigers seem to win 5-6 games in a row then slump for 2-3 and repeat the process, I’m jumping on this swing half way through.  Tigers continue to roll tonight on the road and win their 4th straight. 

San Diego Padres @ LA Dodgers (-135)  (L)
I’ve mentioned this before but, LA has that Cuban guy that’s like the MJ of baseball.  On another note, the Dodgers have to be hella pissed after getting straight up embarrassed in Detroit.  As I write this pick they’re currently beating the Padres 2-1 at the end of the 7th.  I have them winning in a parlay I threw together for the late games today so let’s hope they scratch out a win.  As for this pick, if the Dodgers win tonight (last night, if you’re reading this on Friday)  I expect them to win tomorrow (today). 

LA Angels (-160) @ Texas Rangers (WINNER!)
The Angels went into Texas and dismantled the Rangers last night.  The records of these clubs are almost exactly the opposite.  The Rangers have limped through the season,  picking up 38 wins, while the Angels are out there getting their Don Ready on and picking up 54 wins in the process. I doubt it will be another 15-6 blowout but I don’t expect this game to even be close.  I would bet the spread but the line for it isn’t up yet.

After a decent appetizer down in Orlando, the official NBA summer league kicks off tonight in Vegas. And on the night where LeBron announced he was headed back to Cleveland, his future team takes the court against the Jabari Parker led Bucks. This is one of a few appealing games even to the casual NBA fan.

TOR vs LAL (-2.5) (L) 
It's the Julius Randle show! And also a mini tryout for the rest of the Lakers roster because now that they have missed out on LeBron and Melo, it's going to be Kobe and 10 other dudes. Look for the Lakers players to try their ass off in order to make this roster, while the Toronto guys just go for highlight dunks and threes.

CAVS (-4) vs BUCKS (L) 
In easily the most anticipated match up of this league, we have the top two picks squaring off against each other. When they met in college, Wiggins got the best of Parker as his Kansas team knocked off Duke. What will be the result when they go head to head today? Wiggins wins again, mostly because his Cav's team is deeper and they just found out they signed LeBron. Look for a very loose Cavs squad to come out firing on all cylinders.

HORNETS (PK) vs WARRIORS (L)
It is going to take me a while to get used to this new Hornets name (old?). Every time I have to remind myself, oh yeah that's the Bobcats and then think about who is on that team. Well after I go through that twenty minute process, I realized that the Hornets are the deeper team and they should win this game easily, despite Vegas seeing it as a pick em. Look for future bust Noah Vonleh to struggle, but the rest of the BobHornetCatz to pick up the slack and get the easy victory.

SPURS (+1.5) vs KINGS (WINNER!)
And finally the game that I am personally the most excited about. The beginning of a new era of basketball for San Antonio led by Kyle Anderson! Now that the 6'6 PG has some NBA caliber talent around him, he is going to go off!! Do not be surprised if he manages a triple double, or a very solid 20 point and 12 assist kind of night. Spurs will win this game and probably the entire league too because they are just coached better and that's what they do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment