2014 World Cup Final
Germany (+120) vs Argentina (WINNER!)
Sunday MLB Picks
PIT @ CIN (-160) (WINNER!)
-160 seems a little nutz here considering the Pirates are going to keep this close, but I see no way the Reds lose tomorrow. Besides baseball's only black baseball player and reigning NL MVP Andrew McCutchen, the Pirates haven't had a ton of success against the Reds who have been hot over the last month. Most of my picks are just safe and parlayable if you're into that kind of thing. This is one of those picks.
Detroit Tigers (-135) vs Kansas City Royals (L)
I'm sure a lot of you sports betters on are the "Verlander's washed" up train. This one is not on board. I don't think Verlander's issue is physical so much as it is mental. He slumped this year there's no doubt about that. But I can also say that he has looked better the last couple starts he's had. This is either a sign that he's coming back around or it's just a blip on the radar in the world of Justin Verlander's unravelling. Nevertheless, if Verlander steps in and starts getting rocked he will be out before he knows it. The Tigers have shown they have the bats to come from behind and win so I'm not too worried. Tigers roll tonight and keep the streak going.
NBA Summer League
Since most of you reading this are going to be looking for easy ways to win back your money after Argentina shocks Germany in the World Cup this afternoon, I figured I would toss you a couple of summer league locks.
CAVS vs. SPURS (-2.5) (L)
This choice is very simple, one of these teams has a future NBA All-star and the other is based in Ohio. That's right, don't let all of this Andrew Wiggins hype fool you, the real star here is Kyle Anderson running the show for the Spurs. Look for him to drop his usual 9 pts, 8 rebs, and 7 assist kind of night as the Spurs try to beat LeBron's team once more this summer.
BULLS vs. Nuggets (+2.5) (L)
Did you see the highlights of Garry Harris dropping thirty last night? This dude looks madder than 2 billy goats in a turf battle that he got drafted so late to the Nuggets and is putting the rest of the league on notice. Sure the Bulls summer league team probably plays great defense and takes this game a little too seriously, but I am not quite ready to back McBuckets against the rising Gary Harris.
No comments:
Post a Comment